Ikalia is the organic fair trade certified brand of Saveurs & Nature
The Ikalia range offers a large choice of products certified by Bureau Veritas Certification France as well as by Fairtrade / Max Havelaar.
What is Fair Trade ?
It is a partnership based on dialogue, transparency and respect. The main aim is to reach greater equity in international trade. It contributes to sustainable development by offering better trading conditions to, and securing the rights of, disadvantaged producers and workers in developing countries, especially in the South.
Fair trade organizations (backed by consumers) are actively engaged in supporting producers in awareness raising and in campaigning for changes in the rules and practices of conventional international trade.
What are the main criteria of Fair Trade ?
- Work with disadvantaged producers
- Fairer trade relations on the long term
- Respect for human rights and human rights at work
- Transparency of the activities
- Democratic functioning of the organizations
- Safeguarding and enhancement of cultures and local know-how
- Production methods including environmental responsibility
- To accept the monitoring of compliance with convergence criteria
- Help southern producers to organise to give them greater independence
- Public awareness and public education
- Advocacy campaigns and activities to change the rules of international trade
- Pay a fair price and pre-finance the production (if necessary)
For more information : www.maxhavelaarfrance.org